GATEWAY REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
SCHOOL DISTRICT TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR
Full Time Position
October 18, 2021
Job function includes the following: the operation of student transportation in the school district; administration,supervision, and evaluation of student transportation and vehicle maintenance personnel; planning and coordinating work schedules for all transportation personnel; the packaging of routes for bidding purposes; administering, monitoring, and overseeing the Federal and State requirements for student transportation in the school district; developing and implementing the school district’s student transportation policies and training; regularly monitoring the safe transportation of the school district’s students and the maintenance of vehicles; and preparation or submission of district board of education contracts, reports, and other documentation required by the NJ DOE.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
• Possess NJ Transportation Supervisor Certification or be able to complete the program within 4 years from
the date of hire.
• Hold a valid Commercial Drivers License [preferred]
• Experience in administration, management, or supervisory work in the area of transportation is preferred.
• Knowledge of budget matters, job-related laws and procedures, accident prevention, safety programs,
equipment and maintenance related to public transportation is preferred.
• Demonstrated skills in supervisory techniques, managerial practices, accounting procedures, mechanical
functions, and maintenance programs is preferred.
• Knowledge of state laws and regulations governing school bus transportation and proficient in computer
skills in route scheduling.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
A letter of interest and resume should be submitted to:
Dr. Shannon Whalen
Gateway Regional School District
775 Tanyard Road
Woodbury Heights, NJ 08096-6218
PLAINFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
COORDINATOR, STUDENT TRANSPORTATION
- College degree or post-secondary training related to professional responsibilities desirable
- Must possess or be eligible to possess the NJ School Transportation Supervisor Certification
- Valid commercial driver’s license
- Minimum five years’ experience in administration, management, or supervisory work in the area of transportation
- Knowledge of budget matters, job-related laws and procedures, accident prevention, safety programs, equipment and maintenance related to public transportation
- Demonstrated skills in supervisory techniques, managerial practices, accounting procedures, mechanical functions, and maintenance programs
- Experience with Versatrans software preferred
Qualified candidates may visit our website at www.plainfieldnjk12.org to apply online.
SAYREVILLE BOARD OF EDUCATION
DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION
As soon as possible
INTERIM – JOB POSTING #346
ANTICIPATED OPENING – JOB POSTING #345
MERCER COUNTY SPECIAL SERVICES SCHOOL DISTRICT
12 Month Position
Contract and Salary Negotiated and Approved by the Board of Education
The position shall require a high school diploma, at least four years’ experience in pupil
transportation with part of the experience in coordinative or supervisory capacity, successful
completion of a pupil transportation certificate program and any alternative to these
qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable. Knowledge of and ability to use
computers is essential. This position requires the mental and physical capacity to perform the
In order to fulfill his/her responsibilities, the Transportation Coordinator shall:
– Prepare bid specifications and contracts for pupil transportation, for approval by the
– Mercer County Office of Education.
– Coordinate and monitor the implementation of contracted pupil transportation services.
– Develop and determine bus routes and schedules which will produce the most efficient
and appropriate means for providing pupil transportation.
– Conduct annual and interim surveys of bus routes and schedules for participating school
– Administer the financial aspects of the program including accounts payable and accounts
– Serve as liaison to the County Superintendent of Schools Office for matters relating to
– Prepare state forms and other official documents relating to pupil transportation.
– Prepare reports, including the DRTRS report, and other necessary information on pupil
transportation for the Superintendent and the sending districts.
– Assist in the resolution of conflicts and concerns of parents, staff, participating school
districts and contractors relating to pupil transportation.
– Conduct an annual evaluation as a basis for future projections and plans. Organize
periodic meetings with the sending districts in Mercer County. Meetings will cover
transportation needs for non-public, ESY and RSY transportation by the sending districts.
– Conform with all state laws and regulations affecting public transportation.
– Exhibit respect and support for and adherence to goals, objectives, policies and
procedures approved by the Board of Education.
– Share in the upholding and enforcing of school rules, administrative regulations and the
policies of the Board of Education.
The Mercer County Special Services School District guarantees equal opportunities to
all, regardless of race, color, age, creed, gender identity or expression, affectional or
sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, marital status, disability, nationality or
To apply, go to: https://mcsssd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
DENVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT
TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT COORDINATOR
12 Month Position
Reports to Director of Transportation
Assist the Director of Transportation to manage and ensure the safe and efficient operation of school transportation in public, nonpublic special education students and extracurricular sports and field trips.
1. Valid Commercial Driver’s License Class B with Passenger and School Bus endorsement
2. Excellent driving record
3. Completion of NJ Transportation Supervisor’s Certificate Program (Preferred)
4. Experience in school district transportation
5. Knowledge of state laws and regulations governing school bus transportation and proficient in computer skills in route scheduling with transportation
6. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
7. Dispatch experience required